Sunday, September 23, 2007

of being a Gemini

It finally stopped raining after 36 hrs. Of course thats because we are living in tropical rain forests where it rains shamelessly. Nothing else can explain this. Life’s been very odd this semester. It’s a struggle I’ve been putting up because that’s the only option I’ve been given. How do you show a happy face when at least 5 things have already completely absorbed and maddened you bordering to the limits of schizophrenia? How do we wear our smiles with our mouths wired shut?

I know crazy when I see it. It’s in the mirror these days. Although I am immensely thankful to be reminded of the many times that life hands me choices and then steps back. Somehow I screw up things completely every time mindfulness is a pain in the ass. And since I’d be dead if I don’t make it up, I put on my Superwoman cape and, amazingly get it all done.

Meanwhile, I’m lying to save my ass. I pretend everything’s just fine. I am at my happy best when I’m handling the troubles alone. It really works. Lie like a dog in such situations, and you are actually being virtuous. Or, less trivially, when the Gestapo comes by and asks if you have any people hidden in your attic, you say No! Lying can be a good thing.

The 12 day mid-sem holidays are about to end. I have been up to lots of mischief lately and hence the going will get tougher. The design classes are one thing all of us have started dreading. Hehe. Its panic time again. Like a girl/boy struggles with the teenage part of the life, we are struggling with this 5th semester that would shape us into architects we want/ don’t want to become. We don’t eat, we don’t sleep, we fight, we overthink, underthink and do crazy things like getting up at 6:30 am on Saturday mornings to clean the room and wash clothes, watch lots of Scrubs, sweep the room floor 5 times a day, think of ooga boogas and maintain a binge chart when we eat like pigs until someone tells darling, your head’s not right.

Oh, I need an empire to overthrow!!

Someone turn me around. Can I start this all over again?

4 comments:

Nidhi Sharma said...

[:)] lying is not that bad a thing...trust me...u can!!
i don't know what's on ur mind but try n be happy...this is all we can do i guess..
i once wrote "i die each day, i fizzle each day yet i smile each day"
n i don't regret it..not even in the worst of my days...u wouldn't either

Nimesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nimesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Himadri Mayank said...

hahaha..! i shudnt laught but
i dont know girl. this is funny.

i think every kgpian goes through this. but you are an exaggeration in yourself.

Keep it cool and enjoy. But one thing is for sure. If you complete your work, get it off your head and save your ass, that would be fine too. :)